A mobile party, featuring musicians and a real-ale bar, runs every Friday during the summer. The proposed dates for 2014 are from 20 June to 15 August 2014 to take advantage of the long evenings to appreciate the spectacular scenery. Travel on the train departing from Whitby at 19.15 and be entertained with live music performed by local bands. Returning from Middlesbrough at 20.44, it arrives back in Whitby at 22.11. An additional service will then return to Middlesbrough at 22.25.
Apart from the glorious scenery, refreshments and live music this is an ideal way to visit local hostelries at villages along the line for a meal and a relaxing few drinks before returning on the train.
We are commencing a little earlier this year to take advantage of the lighter evenings, for passengers to appreciate fully the idyllic countryside throughout the route.
The musical line up for this year’s music and ale trains will be as follows:
- Friday 20th June: Railroad Hobos
- Friday 27th June: Savage Myrtles
- Friday 4th July: Neil Robertson
- Friday 11th July: Railroad Hobos
- riday 18th July: Chris Parkinson and Alistair Russell
- Friday 25th July: Railroad Hobos
- Friday 1st August: Savage Myrtles
- Friday 8th August: Railroad Hobos
- Friday 15th August: Savage Myrtles
- Friday 31st October (Halloween): Railroad Hobos
We will be serving real ale supplied by Conquest Brewery. If you wish to alight at one of the villages for a meal, please do remember to book in advance.